Thursday, July 23, 2009

Glass Etching. - A first time attempt.

I truly love my cricut machine. I just found out it cuts fabric! Serious! My Mish Trainer Mandy Clive was taught how to use our cricut machines for class etching. And she was gracious enough to teach me and her sis Michela. It really is alot of fun. I want to rush and get most projects over so glass etching is one project that I will have to learn how to be exact and perfect with it. The whole idea is to get a peice of glass whether its a candle platter, vase, kitchen bowls, or even glass casserole dishes from the kitchen and you etch names or figurines into the glass. The beauty of this is you can etch names on glass dishes so when you take someone dinner you can always get them back!
I crashed and burned on the first two attempts of learning how to do this. All you need is contact paper that you cut with your cricut and a brush with the etching cream that you get from Micheals craft. This is a great R.S activity and just one more use for the great Cricut machine. The vase I attempted to do flowers on it, they smeared and I hope the vase that I got for our wedding wasnt too expensive. The second platter was suppose to be covered in awsome stars. I am a retard and put the etching cream on the top side of the glass thinking it was on the right side. I had to attempt to fix teh blobs by covering them with circles instead. Im a nerd and so now I have what looks like a platter with some stars and round moons.

No comments: